- Before installing CRE/RPE on any
supported version of the Windows Operating System, you must install the latest windows
updates and have an internet connection.
Please make sure to perform these steps in addition to the instructions above:
System Requirements for CRE/RPE:
- When you are about to install the application, right-click on the downloaded installer and select Run as administrator, as opposed to simply double clicking on the file. Depending on the web browser you are using, this may necessitate navigating to the location of the downloaded file to run the application.
- Once the installation has completed, locate and right-click on the CRE2004.exe application (it can usually be found in the C:\Program Files\CRE.NET or C:\Program Files (x86)\CRE.NET directory of your computer), select Properties, Compatibility and under Privilege Level place a check next to Run this program as an administrator, then select Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista 32 or 64-Bit
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows 7 32 or 64-Bit
- Windows 8 32 or 64-Bit (NOT compatible with Windows 8 RT)
- Windows Embedded POSReady 7
- Windows XP is no longer supported (April 8, 2014)
- Recommended Processor:
- Desktop PC - Intel Core i3 Processor (or equivalent or faster)
- Tablet PC - Intel Core i3 Processor (or equivalent or faster)
link back to support.pcamerica.com