If you are installing CRE/RPE on a PC running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, please make sure to perform these steps in addition to the instructions above:
- When you are about to install the application, right-click on the downloaded installer and select Run as administrator, as opposed to simply double clicking on the file. Depending on the web browser you are using, this may necessitate navigating to the location of the downloaded file to run the application.
- Once the installation has completed, locate and right-click on the CRE2004.exe application (it can usually be found in the C:\Program Files\CRE.NET or C:\Program Files (x86)\CRE.NET directory of your computer), select Properties, Compatibility and under Privilege Level place a check next to Run this program as an administrator, then select Apply and OK to save the changes.
System Requirements for CRE/RPE:
- Compatible Operating Systems:
- Windows XP 32Bit
- Windows Vista 32 or 64Bit
- Windows 7 32 or 64Bit
- Windows 8 32 or 64Bit (NOT compatible with Windows 8 RT)
- Intel Core 2 Duo / 2.93 GHz Processor (or faster)
link back to support.pcamerica.com